Saturday, November 15, 2008

Running

I have been running for as long as I can remember. Well that is not entirely true. If I think real hard and I count on my fingers I can think of when I started running. It must have been 5th grade. My Aunt Helen was a runner and I really liked my Uncle Darrell & Aunt Helen (well I still do like them, heck I just live down the block from them). They were my motivation for running. They even gave me a great running book that had a tracking calendar and everything. I even used if for a while. 

Running was easy when I was young because the subdivision that I lived in was a square mile. So all I had to do was run down to one end of the subdivision and back and that was two miles. Like I said easy. It was my goal when I was young to run around the entire subdivision (4 whole miles). I did it a couple of times and I was so tired when I was done. Now look at this year I ran in 3 half marathons and a 10k. It has been a good year. Anyway I just felt like writing about running for a while.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good job on running 3 half marathons. That's amazing.

Any good stories about Paul lately?