Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 4.5

So you are saying to yourself Tim I check 1.5 days ago and you posted nothing what is the story morning glory. The story is that I am busy with class. This is a great learning adventure. Based on business cards I have met 20 people out of 97 but I would say that it is closer to 40. The trick is keeping everyone's name straight. That is the beauty of name tags. As I tell my tellers (quote) "You use the tricks to find out what their name is and then you use their name." Remembering names is easy. You just have to use them. Most people love to hear their name (they may not realize this but when you use it they appreciate it). It also works to remember facts about them like where they are from or something that has happened in their life. Sometimes you have to use associations like "Hey you look like my grandma's pastor, I will call you pastor Jon." If you try, names are easy to remember. It's like shooting a free-throw. You envision the ball going through the hoop and you use positive talk to reinforce your abilities. If you say, "I am bad at remembering names" then you will be bad at remembering names. If you say, "I am good at remembering names and this is how I do it..." then you will be good at remembering names.

Tonight I met:
Paul (half Irish)
Jeff (CEO from Cleveland)
Jane (not Liz, this is an inside joke with myself)
Hannah (from Colorado)

It always pays to be positive.

No comments: